About Me

My photo
Stan Fellows has been an illustrator for thirty five years, painting for magazines, corporate clients, and children's books. Clients from the past two years include: Martha Stewart Living, Harper's Magazine, The Atlantic Monthly, The New York Times, Smithsonian Magazine, Audubon, National Geographic, Field & Stream, The Chicago Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYU, Notre Dame, United Airlines, Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines, (what’s with all the airlines?...) Kiplinger's, Arts & Antiques, Simon & Schuster, and for six years he has worked monthly for the Wall Street Journal's Friday wine column. In his native Minneapolis he taught watercolor painting and illustration at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design, and has also taught watercolor workshops in Iowa City, where he lives with his daughter.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009


About 14 x 11. Watercolor.

This was fun and I think I'm going to try another similar painting this evening. The idea is that while I want to show a glass of wine (it might be used as a label at my friend's vineyard) I didn't want to make a big deal of that one object. So I put it in a setting to make it simply one part of an appealing environment.

May 19 2009 SF

3 comments:

laura said...

Hello, I came over from A Sketch in Time, and I'm so glad--your watercolor sketches especially appeal to me, but everything I see is beautiful.
I look forward to spending more time here!

A Brush with Color said...

wonderful!

A Brush with Color said...

ps
as someone who has at times purchased wines for the label art, I hope this one made it to the bottle! I'd have snapped that up in a flash, drank the wine, and used that bottle as a vase afterwords!