About Me

My photo
Stan Fellows has been an illustrator for thirty five years, painting for magazines, corporate clients, and children's books. Clients from the past two years include: Martha Stewart Living, Harper's Magazine, The Atlantic Monthly, The New York Times, Smithsonian Magazine, Audubon, National Geographic, Field & Stream, The Chicago Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYU, Notre Dame, United Airlines, Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines, (what’s with all the airlines?...) Kiplinger's, Arts & Antiques, Simon & Schuster, and for six years he has worked monthly for the Wall Street Journal's Friday wine column. In his native Minneapolis he taught watercolor painting and illustration at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design, and has also taught watercolor workshops in Iowa City, where he lives with his daughter.

Monday, January 11, 2010


Started a new watercolor sketchbook yesterday and made a point to ruin the first page just to get that out of the way. Did some doodles at the top and then invented a singer painted in watercolor.

Jan. 11 2010 SF

7 comments:

Erik said...

You "ruined" it quite lovely. I really appreciate your posts and specifically your progress pictures.
A post about how you chose your palette would be very interesting.

Sandy Maudlin said...

Glorious spontaniety and color! Love your work.

123 123 said...

Great post as for me. I'd like to read something more about that matter. Thank you for sharing this material.
Joan Stepsen
Gifts geek

Anonymous said...

Nice new material. Still waiting to here about enrolling in your class or engaging you for a tutoring session, appraisal of what I've done so far.

Katharine Nicholson said...

Hummmmmm. Still learning all this. That last comment was from me, Katharine Nicholson

RHCarpenter said...

Well, not sure I'd call this ruined but I had to laugh at your bravery :)

A Brush with Color said...

Yeah, I wish I could ruin my things this way! Haaaa!